Sunday, May 16, 2010

I got pulled over

They say, "Don't drive in the fast lane if you are going to go the speed limit" However, they forgot to say "ONLY DO THIS IF YOU REALIZE YOU ARE CAPABLE OF GETTING PULLED OVER!" Guess what happened to me. Yeah, for the second time in my life I got pulled over for speeding by a copper. The first time was for 11 over, and the nice officer let me off with a verbal warning (love). But this time it was a little different.

I will start by saying that the route I was on was an off route because of road work. And on a little more pathetic side, my friends mom had told me not to speed on that road because cops had been pulling pissed off people over that had been speeding through that area. I fit the description- pissed off person speeding. When I looked in my rear view I saw the lights and thought "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..." Unlucky for me, this was another high school's prom night, and apparently alcohol is consumed primarily on prom night. Oh yeah, did I mention this was an hour passed my driving curfew? 1:15 in the morning, ha. The officer made me get out of the car. Holy crap. It is actually sort of cool hearing a cop say to you, "I'm going to need you to step out of the car." Just like in the movies. But I was a little too star struck, because he asked me if it was ok if he patted me down. What do I say to that? No? So I asked if I needed to put my hands on my car and he kinda looked at me funny. Note to self: patting down doesn't need to have hands on the car. After feeling me up, he told me that he was only letting me off with a warning, 40 in a 30. I basically thanked jesus at that moment. 10 over an hour past curfew, and I got a warning.

So, I don't think I deserved the warning. I deserved a speeding ticket to be honest. I am not sure if my license would have been revoked, but I guess I am thankful for a cop with a generous heart. Let's be honest here, I am probably going to speed again sometime soon. It is hard to not do that. Maybe this lesson will teach me every time I look at my speedometer, and then it will resulting with me tapping the breaks. I guess I am glad that some people break the stereotypes- a cop that let me off easy. I appreciate it officer.


broadpr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment