Sunday, September 27, 2009

Orbital Alignments don't mean crap

I am a Scorpio. For the majority of my life it didn't matter and I didn't even care. For a while last year, I would read my horoscope everyday. It would determine my entire day because I honestly believed everything some random paragraph of text told me. If it told me that I was going to have a bad day of love, I went to school feeling lonely and avoided love. It was a time in my life when I was looking for guidance and I found it in a paragraph online.

I did find the guidance I was looking for, but it was not on some random hippy website, it was in myself. Some crappy random orbital alignment was not going to help me flirt with a cute girl. I needed to make the decisions myself and learn from them, not base my attitude off my horoscope.

When someone needs to listen to how to live their life from someone else, it could never be the most effective method they give. We all need to make our own decisions, and make our own life path. One of my favorite things I ever heard is, "Take my advice, don't take anyone's advice ever and make up your own."

No comments:

Post a Comment